|"The Greatest and Final Overlord of the Land who has to be killed to complete Dungeon Keeper."|
|— Dungeon Keeper Manual|
The Avatar is the strongest creature in Dungeon Keeper and your final opponent of the campaign. Incredibly powerful, with a wide selection of skills and nearly impossible to defeat, he makes a truly worthy foe or an invaluable minion if you can manage to convert him to your side.
When facing against him, brute force is the only option, as his truly staggering amount of health makes casting spells too costly. On top of this, he has magical immunity to the Chicken spell and Disease deals such little damage it is hardly useful. Traps are barely effective against him, with the mighty Boulder Trap harmlessly exploding on contact. His weakness is the lack of the rebound spell, so creatures capable of the Freeze spell might come in handy to fight him.
In the final level of the campaign, Skybird Trill, after defeating him once he will be resurrected by his followers and so must be defeated again. If one can capture him alive and torture him until he converts then the second fight will be much less trouble.
The Avatar appears again in Belial, but doesn't get resurrected when defeated.
Combat statistics Edit
See Query for information on Health, Strength, Defence, Skill, Dexterity and Luck.
Tasks and Management Edit
Skills are leveled where applicable, as above, since this creature is obtained as Level 10.
|Praying Anger||-75 ∕ t|
|Sleeping Anger||-1 ∕ t|
|in Lair||+9 ∕ t|
|Hunger||4 ∕ 10,000t|
- High annoyance (+2250) to being slapped by the Keeper.
- Twice-normal resistance to torture (2000t).
- Dead-average walking speed of 48.
- Cannot be scavenged; this is implemented by giving the Avatar himself zero skill at the task.
- The Avatar is the Champion of Britannia from the Ultima series of games; the sprite used for the Avatar is from Ultima VIII: Pagan.
- The Avatar can be seen in the intro video of Dungeon Keeper.
- It is possible that more than one Avatar exists in a dungeon, but all will have the creature name "Avatar".
| ||Archer · Avatar · Barbarian · Fairy · Giant · Knight · Monk · Mountain Dwarf · Priestess · Samurai · Thief · Tunneller · Wizard|
| ||Dwarf · Elven Archer · Fairy · Giant · Guard · King Reginald · Knight · Lord of the Land · Monk · The Princes · Royal Guard · Stone Knight · Thief · Wizard|
| ||Craftsman · Elven Archer · Hound · Fairy · Giant · Holy Angel · Ninja · Mage · Mimi · Minstrel · Monk · Paladin · Spearman · Skeleton · Steam Tank · Unicorn|