Dungeon Keeper is a strategy video game developed by Bullfrog Productions under Peter Molyneux (Black & White, Fable) and released by Electronic Arts on June 26, 1997 for the PC. An expansion pack, The Deeper Dungeons, was released on November 30, 1997. Around that time, a Premium version was released in Japan. A Gold Edition was released in North America and Europe the following year.
In the game the player attempts to build and manage a dungeon while protecting it from (computer-controlled) 'hero' characters intent on stealing the user's accumulated treasures and killing various monsters. The game was met with high critical praise and positive gamer reaction.
This was Molyneux's final project with Bullfrog before he left the company in July 1997 to form Lionhead Studios.
Product features Edit
- 3-D isometric views.
- First-person perspective and action.
- Survey your dungeon with an easy-to-read map.
- Zoom in, zoom out, rotate your world 360 degrees.
- Modem and 4-player network multiplayer options.
- Pit yourself against computer-generated hordes.
- Unveil hidden levels.
- ↑ Jason Ocampo (27 April 1998). "Dungeon Keeper Gold Edition". Computer Games Strategy Plus. Archived from the original on 10 July 2003. Retrieved 14 August 2019.
External Links Edit
- Dungeon Keeper on Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopaedia.
|Dungeon Keeper Series|
| ||Dungeon Keeper / Dungeon Keeper 2 / Dungeon Keeper 3 / Dungeon Keeper Online|
| ||The Deeper Dungeons / Dungeon Keeper Gold / Dungeon Keeper Premium / Dungeon Keeper Collector's Edition / Dungeon Keeper Editor / Dungeon Keeper 2 Editor|
| ||Natural Born Keeper / War for the Overworld|
| ||DK1 Editors / Dungeon Keeper FX / OpenKeeper|