|Appears in||Dungeon Keeper|
Snuggledell is the 6th level in Dungeon Keeper, and the first non-tutorial level in the campaign.
There is a Blue Keeper to the south, and the objective on this level is to destroy Blue's Dungeon Heart.
Snuggledell is run by Squire Tristan, though he makes no appearance in the level.
- Neutral Assets
- Wandering Heroes
|Red Keeper (Human)|
|Starting Forces||4 Imps (Level 1)|
| May Attract
| May Create or Summon
|| Traps & Doors
|Starting Forces||3 Imps (Level 1)|
| May Attract
| May Create or Summon
|| Traps & Doors
- When a keeper tunnels to the water, four Level 1 Fairies attack. They are barely stronger than Imps. In fact, you can possess an imp, brush past them, and dig out the two Dirt tiles in the central, eye-shaped cave for the Mistresses, who will slaughter the fairies in seconds. Fairies are excellent researchers and extremely dangerous spellcasters if converted to the keeper's side and trained, though, so consider saving one as a candidate for the Transfer Creature. However, it is likely that by the time the Red Keeper researches Prison, the Blue Keeper will already have dug though to the water and killed the Fairies.
- When the player claims the Torture Chamber, that room is enabled for construction. If Blue claims it, the same thing does not happen for him.
- Likewise when the player obtains a Dark Mistress, the 20 Mistresses in the Creature Pool are unlocked for the portal. If Blue claims them, the same thing does not happen for him.
The Blue Keeper builds 4x4 rooms and, with a lower creature limit and no access to the Bile Demon, is handicapped relative to Red (the player) in terms of the forces he can field. Nevertheless, he is slightly faster and more aggressive than the enemy in Lushmeadow-on-Down, and can research Lightning Strike. Try to avoid connecting territories with him, as he will surely attempt to claim your bridges and territory, and be wary of investing a lot in creatures with low hitpoint scores.
After building his rooms and mining out the nearby gold seams, Blue will usually issue a taunt, tunnel north from his territory, and lay down bridges in search of more gold and possibly a confrontation.
Overcoming this enemy is usually a simple matter of building a larger Training Room than he does and filling it with the best creatures available, while he mucks around with Beetles and Flies and limited training space. When the time is right, throw a Call to Arms and storm the place.
New Dungeon FeaturesEdit
This realm introduces the Braced Door, Lightning Trap, and the Keeper Spell Lightning Strike. But most notably, there is a Torture Chamber. The region's centrally-located Chamber must be claimed in order for the room to be activated here, and three Mistresses will immediately join the side that reaches it first.
- Briefing Text
- "It's time to mete out the ultimate punishment to a keeper who dares to challenge you for this corner of your subterranean empire. The price of failure shall be oblivion."
- Player obtains a Dark Mistress
- "You have finally constructed a dungeon impressive enough to attract a Dark Mistress. You must discipline these wicked wenches frequently. They respond particularly well to a good slapping."
- Player takes control of a Torture Chamber
- "You have claimed a Torture Room. Place captive heroes and creatures into this chamber of horrors to convert them in your supremely evil way. Alternatively, place your own creatures within the room whenever disciplinary measures become necessary."
- Player constructs a Braced Door
- "Your manufacturers have created a Braced Door. If security matters, you can be sure when you buy a Braced Door. You couldn't be certain with only a curtain and a hole in the wall is no help at all."
- Player constructs a Lightning Trap
- "You have manufactured a powerful Lightning Trap. Try it out. It's bound to give someone a shock."
- Player researches the Keeper Lightning
- "Your researchers have devised a spell that unleashes the energy of a thunderstorm on the target of your choice. Select the spell, aim at a hostile creature and flash-fry him with a Lightning Strike."
- Player defeats Blue Keeper
- "How satisfying it is to see an enemy Keeper's dungeon crumble and his power dissipate. There'll be no controversy over this year's hall of infamy nomination."
|"Snuggledell. The folk of Snuggledell worship the common rabbit. Floppy eared bunnies are encouraged to hop around the fields surrounding the hamlet, bringing happiness, love, and more bunnies to the entire area."|
|— The Mentor, Intro|
|"Steepscythe. Everyone has been put to the sword, and we've made an enormous magic carpet out of the thousands of bunnies that swarmed here. Your minions will feast on their tiny remains for weeks— truly a majestic victory!"|
|— Canon Outro|
- This realm's outtro speech file, BAD06.WAV, makes more sense if renamed to BAD11.WAV to correspond with Hearth. Wishvale's outro file, BAD07.WAV (Steepscythe), makes more sense renamed to 06 to match up with Snuggledell. These files are in the game subdirectory \SOUND\ATLAS\.
|GOOD02.WAV||BAD02.WAV||Mention of Demon Spawn|
|GOOD03.WAV||BAD03.WAV||Inhabitants' altered viewpoints|
|GOOD04.WAV||BAD18.WAV||Mention of Trolls|
|GOOD05.WAV||BAD05.WAV||The quietude broken by screams|
|GOOD06.WAV||BAD07.WAV||What became of the bunnies|
|GOOD09.WAV||BAD10.WAV||The legions of Hell rode in|
|GOOD10.WAV||BAD11.WAV||Inhabitants' violent death|
|GOOD11.WAV||BAD06.WAV||Feeding on the dead?|
|GOOD13.WAV||BAD14.WAV||Being together, in a mass grave|
|GOOD14.WAV||BAD15.WAV||Sleepy farms got "developed"|
|GOOD16.WAV||BAD17.WAV||No more flowers|
|GOOD18.WAV||BAD19.WAV||A great battle|
|GOOD20.WAV||BAD20.WAV||Skybird Trill named|
- The names for this level in other languages are as follows:
|Chinese||温暖谷地 / 怀谷国|