- For information about the Dwarf hero units of Dungeon Keeper 2, see Dwarf.
- Note also that 'Tunneller' is the in-game and old British spelling of this word.
Tunnellers are weak fighters, but are the only creatures besides Imps able to dig, so their purpose is in fact to breach an unwary Keeper's dungeon. They are always designated as party leaders by the game when added to a party. This causes the heroes to follow them around as they blaze a trail through the unclaimed dirt. And once they dig a direct path leading to your dungeon, other Heroes will follow that path.
To prevent incursion by Tunnellers, order the Imps to go about Fortifying your dungeon by dropping them along claimed-but-not-fortified dirt wall sections.
Tunnellers are normally stronger in combat than Beetles and quite inferior to Demon Spawn. But in the very earliest levels of the game, their strength is reduced to the point that even Flies are a match for them.
Converted Tunnellers join in the tasks assigned for the Imps, helping out with jobs such as digging, reinforcing, carrying unconscious enemies etc., albeit slower than an Imp would, and with extremely low motivation. Tunnellers cannot perform digging while Possessed. They need Lair space, food, pay, and will spend long periods just idling around, making them way more of a hassle than imps. If captured, it makes more sense to let them rot away in the Prison or Graveyard.
Combat Statistics Edit
See Query for more information on Health, Strength, Defence, Skill, Dexterity and Luck.
Tasks and Management Edit
|Praying Anger||-50 ∕ t|
|Sleeping Anger||-3 ∕ t|
|in Lair||+4 ∕ t|
|Hunger||2 ∕ 5000t|
- Visually distinguished from the combat-oriented Mountain Dwarf by his blond hair and dual-wielding axes. The Mountain Dwarf is red-haired and carries one weapon.
- Confusingly, in the Japanese version, this dwarf is called the Mountain Dwarf, and what in English is the Mountain Dwarf is simply a Dwarf.
- ↑ ダンジョンキーパープレミアム勇者撃退ガイド (in Japanese). pp. 42,43. Tokyo: NTT Publishing. 1998. ISBN 978-4-87188-897-4.
| ||Archer · Avatar · Barbarian · Fairy · Giant · Knight · Monk · Mountain Dwarf · Priestess · Samurai · Thief · Tunneller · Wizard|
| ||Dwarf · Elven Archer · Fairy · Giant · Guard · King Reginald · Knight · Lord of the Land · Monk · The Princes · Royal Guard · Stone Knight · Thief · Wizard|
| ||Craftsman · Elven Archer · Hound · Fairy · Giant · Holy Angel · Ninja · Mage · Mimi · Minstrel · Monk · Paladin · Spearman · Skeleton · Steam Tank · Unicorn|